Chocolates and Flowers Heat Up the Romance
Traditional Valentine’s Day gifts such as chocolates, flowers, and special dinners still strike the fancies of most. When asked to choose which gifts they wanted most this year, results came out as follows:
- Candy or chocolates/flowers
- A special dinner
- Music, books, movies or electronics
- A night out on the town at a club, show or event
- Travel or a weekend getaway
- Clothing or lingerie
If their significant other’s spending was capped at $50, 39 percent of respondents would want dinner at a casual restaurant, 34 percent would want a quiet night at home with their partner, and 15 percent would want a creative, personalized gift.
In order to find that perfect gift, 49 percent of shoppers plan to shop only in stores and 43 percent plan to combine their efforts between shopping in stores and online. Only 8 percent plan to shop online only. Tablets and smartphones are getting no love this year, as no one surveyed plans to use them for Valentine’s shopping.No Need for Cupid’s Arrow Not all respondents plan to spend the day with a significant other. Of those choosing to spend the holiday in other ways, 46 percent are most likely to spend the day with family, followed by spending the day:
- Alone with “me” time, 31 percent
- With my pet, 12 percent
- A night in with friends, 6 percent
- A night out with friends, 5 percent
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV