OSC Announces Commissioner Appointments
TORONTO, Feb. 7, 2013 /CNW/ - Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) Chair Howard Wetston, Q.C., has announced the appointments of four Commissioners to the OSC. The Commissioners will each serve a two-year term:
- Catherine Bateman, FCA is a senior partner at Deloitte and has served as Vice Chair and member of the Board of Directors of the firm. She has over 30 years of experience in public company accounting, audit and advisory services. Her term is effective March 31, 2013.
- Deborah Leckman, MBA, CFA is a senior investment executive with over 30 years of experience in the pension fund and retail wealth industries, including over 20 years as a portfolio manager. Her term is effective February 1, 2013.
- Alan Lenczner, Q.C. is a founding member of Toronto law firm Lenczner Slaght. He has over 40 years of experience in civil litigation with an emphasis on commercial litigation, class action cases, professional liability and securities litigation. His term is effective February 1, 2013.
- AnneMarie Ryan, MBA brings over 35 years of experience in the capital markets as a senior executive in the areas of strategic planning, market structure, trading technology and transaction processing. Her term is effective February 1, 2013.
In addition, Professor Mary Condon has been re-appointed as a Vice-Chair for a term of one year.
"Our newly appointed Commissioners bring substantial experience in key areas of the capital markets," said Mr. Wetston. "Their specialized expertise will be an asset to the Commission in the effective regulation of increasingly complex and rapidly evolving capital markets."
The Commission has two related but independent roles. It serves as the board of directors of the OSC and performs a regulatory function, which includes making rules and policies and adjudicating administrative proceedings. Biographical information on all Commissioners is available in the About the OSC section of the OSC website at www.osc.gov.on.ca.The OSC is the regulatory body responsible for overseeing Ontario's capital markets. Its mandate is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices and to foster fair and efficient capital markets and confidence in capital markets. SOURCE Ontario Securities Commission
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV