Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of News Corp (NWSA) may be taking it on the chin of late, but Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Thursday that he's sticking with the company for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS on the promise of its proposed breakup.
Cramer said News Corp outlined three areas of weakness in its conference call: Italy, Australia and its Fox broadcast network. Fox has been having a tough time competing with the likes of ESPN in the lucrative sports world, but that all could change after News Corp splits itself up later this year and could potentially cobble together an international sports network to rival that of ESPN.
It may be wait and see for now, but Cramer said it will be a whole new ball game for News Corp after the split.To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV