SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Green Throttle™ Games, maker of the Atlas wireless game controller, the Arena console app and publisher of mobile games, is gaining momentum in the video game developer community with the availability of its software plug-in on the Marmalade, Corona SDK and Unity developer platforms in late February. These new integrations make Green Throttle's unique mobile console, or "monsole" experience available to all developers already using the platforms.
"By integrating our SDK and building in support for Green Throttle's controllers, developers now have the opportunity to breathe new life into their existing games with the introduction of Atlas controllers," said Stacey Hirata, Head of Publishing and Developer Relations for Green Throttle Games. "In addition, developers have the ability to break through the clutter with the spotlight of the Arena app and the improved app discovery. New innovative games can be built from the ground up to fully enable multiple controllers and the 10' experience."
Green Throttle blends the "lean back" multiplayer experience of a console game with the convenience and low cost of a mobile device to deliver unique gaming experiences. The benefits of developing games for Green Throttle include:
- Keep the earnings: Green Throttle doesn't take a cut of revenue generated by game sales and monetization.
- Enhance app discovery: Through Green Throttle's Arena app, games supporting the Atlas controller will be accessible from a single marketplace that is easy to use and find.
- Free the imagination: By connecting to the TV and supporting our Bluetooth SPP controllers developers are now able to move beyond mobile or traditional console features to combine the best of both worlds.
"Marmalade is all about taking games to new platforms and screens, and so Green Throttle is a natural partner for us," said Tim Closs, Chief Technology Officer at Marmalade. "We're looking forward to seeing more games like Expendable Rearmed, which has leveraged Marmalade to come to the Android platform and is now making use of Green Throttle to enable a console-like multiplayer experience over mobile."Since the availability of the Green Throttle SDK in November, more than 500 developers have begun testing the controller and evaluating ways to build games that support it. By aligning with Corona, Marmalade and Unity, Green Throttle gains access to more than 50,000 game developers around the world, including Retrobomb and Shiny Box.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts