LinkedIn reported fourth-quarter earnings of 35 cents a share on $303.6 million in revenue, up 81% year-over-year. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters were looking for 19 cents a share on $279.52 million in sales. Analysts polled by Estimize were looking for 22 cents a share on $284.70 million in revenue.
Revenue growth was aided by Talent Solutions revenue, which totaled $161 million, up 90% year-over-year. Talent Solutions revenue made up 53% of this quarter's sales.
"2012 was a transformative year for LinkedIn," said Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn. "We exited 2011 having successfully revamped our underlying development infrastructure. Based on that investment, we said that 2012 would be a year of accelerated product innovation, and it was. The products we delivered throughout the year drove member engagement and financial results to record levels in the fourth quarter."LinkedIn noted in the release that its passed the 200 million member milestone, ending the year with approximately 202 million members, up 39% year-over-year. LinkedIn also provided first-quarter guidance that blew past Wall Street estimates. It expects revenue between $305 million and $310 million. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters were expecting $301.3 million in revenue. For the full year, LinkedIn expects sales between $1.41 billion and $1.44 billion. Wall Street analysts expect $1.439 billion. Shares of LinkedIn fell during Thursday's trading session, but are moving sharply higher in extended hours trading, up 9.7% to $136.13, according to Nasdaq.com. The company will hold a conference call at 5 P.M. EST to discuss the results. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV