BroadSoft, Inc. (NASDAQ: BSFT) and Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: SONS) today announced they are partnering to ensure full interoperability of BroadSoft’s BroadWorks ®, BroadCloud™ and BroadTouch™ product offerings and the Sonus line of session border controllers (SBCs) for telecommunications service providers, designed to accelerate their deployment of hosted, cloud-based, communication services.
Unified Communications services are increasingly important to service providers:
- The market for Collaboration Services delivered via cloud deployments is projected to be $22B by 2018. (Source: Forrester, Collaboration Services: Deployment Options For The Enterprise, November 2012)
- A February 2013 survey found that, while over half of all Unified Communication deployments are premises-based today, that percentage is expected to drop to 31% as future deployments move more to the cloud. (Webtorials Enterprise Survey)
Sonus and BroadSoft can provide simplified network designs to reduce costs by leveraging BroadSoft’s products and the Sonus line of SBCs. Service providers can also use these BroadSoft and Sonus offerings to define and take to market a broad range of Unified Communications services including voice, video calling and conferencing, web conferencing, instant messaging and presence.
Working together BroadSoft and Sonus expect to:
- Deliver integrated, fully tested and secure Unified Communications, SIP trunking and interworking network components
- Coordinate sales and go-to-market activities
- Jointly serve customers through coordinated solution sales, testing and documentation