SAVANNAH, Ga., Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Ocean Exchange proudly announces the launch of its third annual global competition for the 2013 Gulfstream Navigator Award of $100,000 and the 2013 Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics Orcelle Award of $100,000.
The theme for the 2013 competition is LEAP TO ZERO+, the innovative practice of generating economic growth and increased productivity while reducing the use of natures' resources and waste. The Ocean Exchange is seeking innovative, proactive and globally scalable Solutions, i.e. Solutions Inspiring Action, that are positive for our oceans, economies, and cultures and that can leap across industries accelerating the timeline of reaching Zero+.
"We're proud to be a corporate sponsor of the Ocean Exchange's worldwide sustainability initiatives," said Joe Lombardo, executive vice president, Aerospace Group, General Dynamics, parent company of Savannah-based Gulfstream Aerospace. "Previous Navigator award winners have already made a positive difference to our environment with the inventions they presented at the past two Solution Exchanges. As a worldwide company with a headquarters close to the coast, Gulfstream is inspired by the many organizations that have come forward with solutions aimed at preserving our oceans, ensuring sustainable growth and protecting our environment."
To enter the 2013 competition, register your solution in the Ocean Exchange Gallery by 11:59 p.m. (GMT) on May 1, 2013. Register by completing a pre-screening application through http://www.oceanexchange.org. Beginning May 2, Ocean Exchange's international solutions review panel of multi-disciplinary experts will review all applications registered in the Gallery to select:
- Ten Solutions Inspiring Action to compete for Monetary Awards – these organizations, which are in need of financial support and global recognition, will be invited to present at the Solutions Exchange, September 30, 2013 in Savannah Georgia USA. At the Solutions Exchange invited delegates will select the winners of the $100,000 Gulfstream Navigator Award and the $100,000 Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics Orcelle Award .
- Three Solutions Inspiring Action representing Excellence in Corporate Innovation – these Excellence Award winners will be invited to present their Solutions Inspiring Action at the opening of the Solutions Exchange on September 29, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV