Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) announced CEO Ben Verwaayen would be departing from his head position as of the French-U.S. telecommunications gear maker. Shares plunged 7%.
Media giant News Corp. (NWSA) reported earnings for its fiscal second quarter of 44 cents a share on revenue of $9.43 billion. Wall Street expected a profit of 42 cents a share on revenue of $9.28 billion. Shares decreased 2.3%
Sprint (S) shares fell 0.52% on Thursday after the company reported a loss of 44 cents a share on revenue of $9.01 billion. Analysts were expecting 46 cents a share on $8.92 billion in revenue.
LinkedIn (LNKD) shares decreased 1.3% on Thursday before it reported earnings after the closing bell. The business-focused social networking company reported adjusted earnings of 35 cents a share on revenue of $303.6 million. Consensus among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected 19 cents a share on $280 million of revenue.-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV