ECB's Draghi Assessing Impact Of Strong Euro
"Adding the stronger euro to the downside risks for price stability opened the door for new policy action if the euro strengthens further and starts to weigh on the growth and inflation projections," said ING's Brzeski.
Draghi's remarks on the euro came after a cautiously upbeat assessment of the prospects of the eurozone economy. As well as predicting that inflation will likely fall below the target in the coming months, Draghi said economic growth would likely resume thanks to an "accommodative" monetary policy, an improvement in financial market conditions and a pick-up in global demand.
Though Draghi said risks to inflation are "broadly balanced," he noted that risks to growth are "to the downside."
___Pylas contributed from London.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV