Zoosk's "International Flirting Week" Survey Reveals Who Is More Flirtatious - Men Or Women?
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In celebration of International Flirting Week ( February 13-19, 2013) and Valentine's Day, Zoosk.com, the romantic social network, conducted a survey among more than 13,000 of its members around the world to gather their thoughts on flirting – why they do it, how they do it, and who does it best.
"Flirting is the playful art of catching someone's eye, and while some are natural flirts, others require practice to do it well," says Robin Gorman Newman, founder of International Flirting Week and LoveCoach.com, and author of How to Marry a Mensch. "As the Zoosk survey shows, many view flirting as fun even if they don't want to date the person, but it's also a way to jumpstart a relationship or rekindle romance. In our busy lives, flirting can be a quick and effective way to remind your mate that you love and are excited by them."
Zoosk's survey findings include:
It's a battle of the sexes!
- The majority of men (60%) think that women are the biggest flirts, and the majority of women (53%) think that men are more flirtatious!
- 41% of men and women around the world say, "flirting is just playful fun!"
- 20% say is it a good ice breaker when dating, although only 11% say they flirt to attract a partner.
- 18% say flirting helps keep the romance alive in a relationship
- More than half of men (54%) will flirt with a woman even if he is not interested in pursuing a relationship with her.
- 41% of women will flirt with a man even if she is not interested in pursuing a relationship with him.
- 89% of men and women think that it is important to flirt with your significant other even when in an established relationship.
- 32% say coming on too strong and invading personal space are the biggest turn offs.
- 20% say corny pick up lines are a turn off.
- 20% say inappropriate comments about one's physical appearance.
- 7% say suggestive body language.
- 97% of Italian men consider themselves a flirt, but American men are not too far behind at 76%.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts