Other Key Findings From The Survey Include:
- Top financial goals among those polled included saving (56%) followed by paying off debt (38%) and planning for retirement (36%).
- Among those aged 35-54, saving and investing more (63%) and planning for retirement (49%) were top priorities.
- 60% of respondents in a happy banking relationship reporting they have low or no stress compared to 47% of others who carry high or overwhelming stress about their finances.
- Three-out-of-four respondents aged 18-34 noted friendly service as a key characteristic to an ideal banking relationship compared to 82% of ages 35-54 and 89% of those 55+
- When examining the nature of banking interactions, the majority of consumers are using bank branches (73%) followed by phone (30%) and online (13%)
- Not surprisingly, those 18-34 are most likely to go online, however 65% still use bank branches
Survey Methodology The study was conducted from January 23 rd-28 th, 2013. The sample size of 1,520 has a margin of error of +/- 2.5%. The survey was hosted by global research company Angus Reid Public Opinion.
About Angus Reid Public OpinionAngus Reid Public Opinion is the Public Affairs practice of Vision Critical—a global research company. Vision Critical is a leader in the use of the Internet and rich media technology to collect high-quality, in-depth insights for a wide array of clients.
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient BankTD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing nearly 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at nearly 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth ®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., and Portland, Maine. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDMoneyLoungeUS and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD." To learn more, visit www.td.com. SOURCE TD Bank
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV