Other Key Findings From The Survey Include:
- Top financial goals among those polled included saving (56%) followed by paying off debt (38%) and planning for retirement (36%).
- Among those aged 35-54, saving and investing more (63%) and planning for retirement (49%) were top priorities.
- 60% of respondents in a happy banking relationship reporting they have low or no stress compared to 47% of others who carry high or overwhelming stress about their finances.
- Three-out-of-four respondents aged 18-34 noted friendly service as a key characteristic to an ideal banking relationship compared to 82% of ages 35-54 and 89% of those 55+
- When examining the nature of banking interactions, the majority of consumers are using bank branches (73%) followed by phone (30%) and online (13%)
- Not surprisingly, those 18-34 are most likely to go online, however 65% still use bank branches
The study was conducted from
, 2013. The sample size of 1,520 has a margin of error of +/- 2.5%. The survey was hosted by global research company Angus Reid Public Opinion.
About Angus Reid Public Opinion
Angus Reid Public Opinion is the Public Affairs practice of Vision Critical—a global research company. Vision Critical is a leader in the use of the Internet and rich media technology to collect high-quality, in-depth insights for a wide array of clients.
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing nearly 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at nearly 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and
. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth
, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in
Cherry Hill, N.J.
. To learn more, visit
. Find TD Bank on Facebook at
and on Twitter at
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of
, a top 10 financial services company in
. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the
stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD." To learn more, visit
SOURCE TD Bank