Peru, Lima, Feb. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Graystone Company (OTCQB: GYST) announced today that the Company's joint venture has acquired an excavator for its project in Suriname. The excavator will immediately begin building out the roads necessary to begin mining operations on the property. The crew will also use the excavator to clear the land so the Company's employees can build out the mining camp which includes building of the housing for the workers, the kitchen facilities and the shower and bathroom facilities.
The company expects that it will commence mining operations within 8 weeks in Suriname. The project currently has a 20 ton per hour wash plant that will conduct alluvial mining operations. Additionally, the project has a 5-ton per hour stone crusher and has access to an additional three (3) 5-ton per hour stone crushers. Once the joint venture has completed building out the mining camp it can commence mining operations. The Company expects the crews will operate 24 hours a day 5 days a week once mining operations commence. Additionally, the equipment currently on-site will allow the joint venture to operate both an alluvial mining operations and a hard rock operation simultaneously.
The Suriname ProjectThe project, referred to Suriname #1, is approximately 3-4 hours from the closest major city. The Company expects that the project will produce 200-400 grams per day or 4,000 - 6,000 grams per month or $200,000 to $300,000 per month per Pod. The Company expects to expand the operations on Suriname #1 by adding a Pod each quarter. Each Pod is expected to cost about $250,000 in equipment and is expected to produce 200-400 grams per day or 4,000 - 6,000 grams per month or $200,000 to $300,000 per month. The Company's goal is to have 4 Pods within 18 months being able to produce 16,000 - 24,000 grams per month or approximately $1,000,000 in revenue each month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV