Total advertising revenue trends in the first quarter of 2013 are expected to be similar to the level experienced in the fourth quarter of 2012 on a 13-week basis.
Total circulation revenues are projected to increase in the mid-single digits in the first quarter of 2013 because the Company expects to benefit from its digital subscription initiatives as well as from the print circulation price increase at The New York Times implemented in the first quarter of 2013.
The Company expects first-quarter operating costs to decrease in the low- to mid-single digits largely because it is cycling against approximately $7 million in accelerated depreciation in the first quarter of 2012. Operating costs, excluding depreciation, amortization and severance, are expected to decrease in the low-single digits compared with the same period last year.In addition, the Company expects the following on a pre-tax basis in 2013:
- Results from joint ventures: loss of $1 to $5 million,
- Depreciation and amortization: $90 to $95 million,
- Interest expense, net: $55 to $60 million , and
- Capital expenditures: $40 to $50 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV