Total advertising revenue trends in the first quarter of 2013 are expected to be similar to the level experienced in the fourth quarter of 2012 on a 13-week basis.
Total circulation revenues are projected to increase in the mid-single digits in the first quarter of 2013 because the Company expects to benefit from its digital subscription initiatives as well as from the print circulation price increase at The New York Times implemented in the first quarter of 2013.
The Company expects first-quarter operating costs to decrease in the low- to mid-single digits largely because it is cycling against approximately $7 million in accelerated depreciation in the first quarter of 2012. Operating costs, excluding depreciation, amortization and severance, are expected to decrease in the low-single digits compared with the same period last year.In addition, the Company expects the following on a pre-tax basis in 2013:
- Results from joint ventures: loss of $1 to $5 million,
- Depreciation and amortization: $90 to $95 million,
- Interest expense, net: $55 to $60 million , and
- Capital expenditures: $40 to $50 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV