The Waterloo, Ontario-based firm was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 574,124.
Akamai (AKAM), however, was a big loser, plunging 16.74% to $34.62 after the company missed Wall Street's top line estimate in its fourth-quarter results, released on Wednesday.
The content delivery specialist, which also delivered weaker-than-expected revenue guidance, was another active Nasdaq stock on share volume of 416,201.Semiconductor maker TriQuint (TQNT) was another loser, plunging 11.42% to $4.73. The Apple (AAPL) component supplier beat estimates in its fourth-quarter results on Wednesday, although its first-quarter outlook came in below Wall Street's expectations. Shares of Sprint (S), which beat fourth-quarter consensus estimates early on Thursday, dipped 0.69% to $5.73 in premarket trading. Facebook (FB) crept up 0.45% to $29.18, while Dell (DELL) slipped 0.15% to $13.50. Yahoo! (YHOO) shares gained 3.17% to $20.48. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV