Kohl’s Corporation (NYSE: KSS) reported today that comparable store sales for the four weeks ended January 26, 2013 compared to January 28, 2012 increased 13.3 percent. Due to the 53 rd week in the fiscal 2012 calendar, fiscal January 2013 included a fifth week which ended on February 2, 2013. Sales for the fifth week of fiscal January 2013 were $169 million.
Comparable store sales, which exclude sales for the fifth week of fiscal January 2013, increased 1.9 percent for the quarter and 0.3 percent for the year.
Kevin Mansell, Kohl’s chairman, president and chief executive officer, commented, “Our January performance allowed us to accomplish our goal of clearing seasonal merchandise and we are happy with the balance and strength of our inventory across regions and categories as we enter fiscal 2013.”
|Total Sales||Total Sales||Comparable Store Sales|
|($ in millions)||2012||2011||2012 (1)||2012 (2)||2011||2012||2011|
|(1) Including fifth week of fiscal January 2013|
|(2) Excluding fifth week of fiscal January 2013|
The West was the strongest region for the month with a mid-teen increase in comparable store sales. The South Central reported a low double-digit increase in comparable store sales. All other regions reported mid- to high single-digit increases. E-Commerce sales, excluding the fifth week of fiscal January 2013, increased 59 percent over January 2012. All lines of business except Footwear achieved double-digit comparable store sales increases. Footwear had a high-single digit increase in comparable store sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV