With 105 hotels and more than 18,000 rooms to furnish and maintain across Mexico, Grupo Posadas has more than a few things to buy. To simplify the process, the company has moved its procurement to the cloud.
“We do not want to be owners of software—we just want to take advantage of the potential of it,” said Fausto Jimenez, Strategic Sourcing VP at Grupo Posadas.
Leveraging cloud-based applications from Ariba, an SAP Company and the world’s business commerce network, Grupo Posadas has created a more efficient and effective process for purchasing everything from bedroom furniture to wireless installation and quickly delivered results.
“Not only have we achieved 18 percent in savings, we have also increased the corporate spend under contract negotiations by 25 percent,” Jimenez says.But the benefits don’t stop there. With Ariba ® Sourcing ™, Ariba Spend Visibility ™, Ariba Contract Management ™, Ariba Supplier Information Management ™, Ariba Supplier Performance Management ™, and Ariba Procure-to-Order ™ in place, Grupo Posadas has also been able to:
- Increase visibility into corporate purchasing and aggregate spend to drive more favorable terms and service level agreements
- Move from 8,000 vendors to 3,000 strategic suppliers and simplify interactions with them
- Drive compliance with corporate contracts and policies through custom catalog management solution provided to each hotel in its network
- Track and manage orders in real time
- Speed purchasing cycle times and reduce administrative work through digital approval flows