K12 Inc. (NYSE: LRN), the nation's largest provider of proprietary curriculum and online education programs for students in kindergarten through high school, released today an Academic Report highlighting solid results and factors in individualized learning. The report aims to provide a transparent view of progress, areas in need of improvement and efforts K12 is taking to close gaps.
Accessible at http://investors.k12.com, the report also highlights a series of challenges facing the industry as it nears mainstream acceptance and describes how K12 is adapting quickly to these factors.
Key findings in the K12 2013 Academic Report, include:
- Solid Academic Results -- For the 2011-12 school year, students in K12-managed public schools, in aggregate, achieved 97% of the norm group gain in math and 196% of the norm group gain in reading based on the results of the Scantron Performance Series, an online computerized adaptive test used by the company to measure gains. Results for K12 private schools were broken out separately and exceed the national norm group in math and reading for all tested grades.
- The Longer Students Stay with K12, the Better They Perform on State Tests – the longer that students have been enrolled in a K12-managed school, the more likely they are to be “proficient” on state exams.
- Student Dynamics are Changing – Individualized learning is encountering a growing population of academically at-risk, economically disadvantaged, and special needs students, as well as high mobility rates, and the complexities of measuring academic progress across the education system. In particular, the company indicated that in some of its schools 50 to 70 percent of students enroll below grade level in math.
- Parent Surveys Show High Levels of Satisfaction – 88% of parents with students enrolled in K12-managed public schools indicate they are satisfied with their school. The top reasons cited by parents for selecting K12-managed schools is flexible scheduling and pacing.
Working to Advance Individualized LearningAs a leader in the industry, K12 is deploying its resources to address the challenges facing individualized learning and to drive continuous improvement through innovation, investment and partnerships. To date, K12 has invested more than $330 million in innovative curriculum, technology, learning systems and teacher training and support, with a focus on cognitive science.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV