TEMPE, Ariz., Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ten US Airways (NYSE: LCC) employees from Frankfurt, Germany to Tucson, Ariz. were awarded $10,000 each for providing exceptional service to customers through the airline's "Above & Beyond" program. An additional 350 employees of US Airways and its wholly owned subsidiary airlines, Piedmont and PSA, were also recognized through the program and received rewards for their service.
The "Above & Beyond" program recognizes employees who provide exceptional service to the airline's customers and fellow employees. The program allows US Airways' most frequent flyers (Dividend Miles Silver, Platinum, Gold and Chairman's Preferred members) and its leaders at the manager level and above to submit coupons recognizing employees for providing outstanding customer service in the air and on the ground. All coupons received from customers are entered in a drawing and each quarter US Airways awards:
- 10 employees $10,000 each;
- 100 employees $1,000 each; and
- 250 employees $250 each.
"Every day our 38,000 combined employees provide exceptional service to our customers," said US Airways' Chairman and CEO Doug Parker. "Through our 'Above & Beyond' program, every quarter we are able to reward those individuals who have gone the extra mile in assisting our customers or a fellow employee. These individuals are an integral part of US Airways' success and we are pleased to recognize their contributions."Since launching the program in 2006, the airline has received more than 300,000 A&B coupons and has awarded nearly $7.3 million to more than 9,000 employees. US Airways congratulates the following fourth quarter $10K recipients:
- West Palm Beach, Fla. Airport Customer Service Agent: "Very nice and empathetic. Great representative of US Airways."
- Charlotte, N.C.-based Flight Attendant for PSA, a wholly owned subsidiary of US Airways: "Thank you for going above and beyond."
- Charlotte, N.C. -based Flight Attendant: "Outstanding flight attendant. Very efficient in all aspects of the job."
- Tampa, Fla. Airport Customer Service Agent: "Always great service."
- Philadelphia Fleet Service Agent: "Great job helping out a flight that was shorthanded."
- Washington, D.C.-based Flight Attendant: "Good job. Thank you."
- Tucson, Ariz. Airport Customer Service Agent: "Thank you for going above and beyond."
- Philadelphia Fleet Service Agent: "Agent helped on a flight that was not assigned to him."
- Frankfurt, Germany Customer Service Agent: "Very helpful getting us home."
- Kansas City, Mo. Fleet Service Agent: "Thank you for your team effort and assisting the Customer Service Agents."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV