DALLAS, Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a low-voltage power management unit with the fastest start-up time of under 10 mS for demanding instant-on automotive applications, such as graphical cluster, infotainment and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). The TPS659119-Q1 is optimized to work with TI's automotive OMAP™ processors, including the DRA6x family (codenamed "Jacinto") of infotainment processors, and other ARM® Cortex™-A offerings. In addition, the TPS659119-Q1 is factory-programmed and has customizable power-up and power-down sequencing based on the customer's processor of choice and system power needs. For more information or to order samples, visit www.ti.com/tps659119-q1-pr.
Key features and benefits of the TPS659119-Q1:
- Dynamic voltage scaling for processor core flexibility: The TPS659119-Q1 has three efficient step-down DC/DC converters; two with dynamic voltage scaling and one for input/output (I/O) power.
- Supports high current rail: The TPS659119-Q1 has a control signal that enables one external buck controller for external FETs to support a high current rail when necessary.
- Highly efficient, flexible output: With eight low dropout (LDO) voltage regulators and one real-time clock (RTC) LDO, the TPS659119-Q1 provides flexible output power to serve multiple processors.
- High integration ensures maximum design flexibility: The TPS659119-Q1 is optimized for TI's automotive OMAP™ processors, including the DRA6x family of infotainment processors.
Tools and support:The TPS659119-Q1 evaluation module (EVM) is available to speed the evaluation of the TPS659119-Q1. Priced at $99.00, the evaluation module is available upon request at www.ti.com/tps659119evm-pr. A reference design, schematic checklist, and application note are also available.
Availability, packaging and pricing The TPS659119-Q1 comes in a HTQFP 80-pin package and is available now for ordering at a suggested retail price of $5.61 in 100-unit quantities.Texas Instruments drives automotive innovation TI's state-of-the-art semiconductor products allow manufacturers and system suppliers to deliver world-class features to the automotive market. Our extensive automotive portfolio includes analog power management, interface and signal chain solutions, along with DLP ® displays, ADAS and infotainment processors, Hercules™ TMS570 safety microcontrollers and wireless connectivity solutions. Complete with excellent product documentation, TI offers parts that are compliant with the AEC-Q100 and TS16949 standards, along with SafeTI™ products, which also comply with ISO 26262 requirements. Click here to learn more. Find out more about TI's automotive and transportation portfolio by visiting the links below:
- View TI's complete automotive and transportation portfolio: www.ti.com/automotive-pr.
- Download TI's Automotive and Transportation Selection Guide: www.ti.com/automotiveguide-pr.
- Join the TI E2E TM Automotive Community: www.ti.com/e2eautomotive-pr.
- Keep up with the latest automotive happenings at TI: www.ti.com/behindthewheel-pr.
- Find the corresponding power management solution for your processor: www.ti.com/processorpower.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV