NEW YORK, Feb. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Synergy Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SGYP), a developer of new drugs to treat gastrointestinal (GI) disorders and diseases, announced today that President and CEO Gary S. Jacob, Ph.D., will be presenting a corporate overview at two healthcare conferences at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York this month.
- 15th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference, hosted by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO), on Monday, February 11 th at 1:00 p.m. EST in the East Foyer
- Leerink Swan Global Healthcare Conference on Wednesday, February 13 th at 9:00 a.m. EST in the Metropolitan Suite
Live audio webcasts of both presentations will be available under the investor relations section of Synergy's website at www.synergypharma.com . Replays of the presentations will be available for 30 days afterward.
About Synergy Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Synergy is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of new drugs to treat gastrointestinal disorders and diseases. Synergy's lead proprietary drug candidate, plecanatide, is a synthetic analog of the human gastrointestinal hormone uroguanylin, and functions by activating the guanylate cyclase C receptor on epithelial cells of the GI tract. Synergy completed a positive Phase I study of plecanatide in healthy volunteers, and positive Phase IIa and Phase IIb/III clinical trials in patients with chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC). Detailed positive findings from a recently completed 948 patient CIC clinical will be presented at a major scientific meeting this year. Synergy is also developing plecanatide for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C), having initiated the first trial in IBS-C patients in late 2012. Synergy's second GC-C agonist, SP-333, is in clinical development to treat inflammatory bowel diseases, and has just completed its first Phase I trial in healthy volunteers. More information is available at http://www.synergypharma.com.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Janet Skidmore Office: 215-658-4915 Mobile: 215-429-2917 email@example.com Investor Contact: Danielle Spangler The Trout Group firstname.lastname@example.org (646) 378-2924
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV