As communities across New Jersey and New York recover from the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, Trex Company (NYSE: TREX) – the world’s largest manufacturer of wood-alternative decking and railing products – will provide materials that offer both extreme durability and long-lasting beauty to rebuild four coastal boardwalks. In total, more than 125 miles – or 334,000 square feet – of Trex decking will be installed on beaches and in resorts along the East Coast.
“It’s extremely important to both the economies and collective psyche of these communities that their boardwalks are back in time for summer, and we’re proud to play a role in the rebuilding efforts,” said Ronald W. Kaplan, chairman, president and CEO of Trex. “Trex decking will stand up to both the elements and heavy foot traffic for years to come – while being a truly environmentally-friendly choice.”
Trex will be used to restore the following locations:
- Belmar, N.J. – This 1.3 mile boardwalk will be rebuilt with Trex Transcend ® in both Spiced Rum (a warm, earthy umber) and Lava Rock (a rich reddish-black). This high-performance decking outperforms wood, composite and PVC for decades, while resisting fading, staining, scratching and mold. The boardwalk also will feature a “picture frame” detail in a contrasting color.
- Atlantic Beach, N.Y. – This popular resort on Long Island will be outfitted with more than 3,300 square feet of Trex Accents ® in Winchester Grey.
- Point Pleasant, N.J. – Trex Accents in Winchester Grey also has been selected for the 1,200-square-foot boardwalk at Point Pleasant Beach.
- Sea Girt, N.J. – The community of Sea Girt will rebuild its boardwalk with 3,000 square feet of Trex decking.
Providing comfort and beauty without the maintenance issues of wood, Trex decking won’t rot, warp, crack or splinter, and requires no sanding, staining or painting. True to Trex’s environmental heritage, the decking is composed of at least 95 percent recycled content.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV