- With Foglight’s proactive performance monitoring capabilities, Thomas Cook reaped a number of benefits that enabled the online travel agency to retain existing customers and recapture lost business:
- Peak website performance, resulting in increased conversion ratesWith Foglight, Thomas Cook now is alerted to emerging issues in real time, so problems are resolved quickly, and users’ consistently positive experience with the website means the completion of more travel bookings.
- Facilitate increased number of hits and average transactional value, along with an estimated 30 percent increase in the number of bookingsImproved website performance translates to increased revenue for the OTA, which now can take up to 180 bookings per hour, equating to a total of $426,000 based on the average selling price of a booking.
- Reduce problem resolution time by up to 97 percent, from 48 hours to 1-2 hoursThomas Cook relies on Foglight’s real-time monitoring dashboard and alerts to help keep its websites at peak performance and fix problems before they affect customers. When a customer does experience a problem, Foglight’s record-and-replay capability enables the OTA to replicate the customer’s website experience on a local machine to determine exactly what went wrong.
- Significantly decrease the number of customer services calls from online customersThomas Cook’s online customers previously accounted for approximately 35 percent of customer service calls, but improved website performance with Foglight has reduced that number to approximately 15 percent.
- Enable the recapturing of an estimated $190,000 of lost business in three monthsThe OTA has customized Foglight to recapture lost business by monitoring customers who drop off the website. Foglight automatically emails the Thomas Cook retention teams with details about non-bookers, so they can follow up and offer points of contact to facilitate bookings. The “Abandoned Bookers Programme” generated approximately $190,000 in its first three months.
- Foglight combines performance monitoring of business-critical applications, databases and infrastructure into one adaptive, modular, monitoring platform. Via a single version of the truth, IT Operations is able to increase their effectiveness at managing service delivery across the entire application architecture. Foglight offers the end-to-end transactional and service views IT operations needs to manage performance from the perspective of both the business and end users.
- With an OTA comprising nearly a dozen websites that serve clients worldwide, Thomas Cook is a global travel giant. The company’s popular UK website, thomascook.com, is the largest of the sites, accounting for more than 40 percent of the online travel agency’s UK business. With competitive alternatives just a click away, its performance monitoring system must expedite the identification and resolution of website performance issues to prevent potential customers from departing the site without completing their travel arrangements.
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- More Dell Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/quest
- Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
- Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
- Dell Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV