New Cullen International Service Highlights The Continuing Challenges To Achieve A Single EU Market For Postal Services
BRUSSELS, February 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Cullen International, the leading provider of regulatory support services, today launched a new monitoring and benchmarking service on European postal market regulation. Coinciding with the target in the EU's Third Postal Directive for full market liberalisation in January 2013, the new service compares the different national postal regulatory frameworks, highlighting the challenges of accomplishing a single market for postal services.
Cullen International's new postal service reveals some marked differences in key areas:
- the universal service obligations imposed on postal providers, showing national differences going beyond the common ground defined by the Third Directive (for example, in terms of scope and frequency of delivery);
- the rules applying to the location and distribution of post offices, which are implemented according to the different national interpretations of citizens' needs;
- the conditions under which postal providers offer competing services, including for example how the VAT exemption for universal service providers is applied.
The new Cullen International service monitors EU developments and benchmarks postal regulation in six major European postal markets ( Belgium, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden and the UK). The data is provided in clear, easy-to-use reports, allowing postal stakeholders to understand the details of and reasons behind national and EU differences and to compare countries and operators objectively."The expansion of our service portfolio to postal was a logical next step for Cullen International. We trust that our evidence-based research and neutral analysis will prove to be as valuable for those responsible for shaping, making or challenging policy decisions in the postal sector, as it has in the telecoms, media, e-commerce and energy sectors for over 25 years", said Philippe Defraigne, Director at Cullen International.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV