Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:MWW) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and twelve months ended December 31, 2012.
Sal Iannuzzi, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Monster Worldwide, said, “During the fourth quarter, we implemented a series of actions designed to improve profitability and cash flow, consistent with our previously announced restructuring. As a leaner, more focused company, we are concentrating our resources on our core markets and are aggressively taking the steps necessary to strengthen our business. Our advanced product offerings, robust government business and a leading traffic position provide a solid foundation for future growth as the global economy recovers.”
“On the strategic alternatives front, the process continues and we will respond quickly if an opportunity arises. We are not able to anticipate when or whether our Board will have a concrete transaction to consider and we will only comment further if and when this occurs,” Iannuzzi concluded.
Full Year 2012 Business Highlights
- Monster provides services to more than 300,000 customers globally, including 95% of the Fortune 1000.
- According to comScore Media Metrix, Monster enjoyed the leading U.S. traffic position in the Career Services & Development category throughout the majority of 2012 and ended the year with over 21 million monthly Unique Visitors.
- Monster’s Government Solutions business, which accounts for more than 10% of total bookings, increased approximately 40% year over year, including the Company’s multi-year contract with the United Kingdom Government’s Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
- SeeMore® - the world’s first cloud-based semantic search and analytics recruiting platform – was named one of the top products of 2012 by Human Resource Executive® magazine. The award was announced at the 15th annual HR Technology® Conference in Chicago on October 8, 2012.
- On a global basis, business derived from the Company’s advanced and proprietary product offerings, including Career Ad Network®, Power Resume Search® and SeeMore® increased in the double-digit percentage range compared to the same period a year ago.
- Completed the sale of ChinaHR to Saongroup, under which Monster has taken a 10% minority stake in the combined China business of Saongroup.
- Exited operations in Brazil, Mexico and Turkey and classified these businesses as discontinued operations in the fourth quarter and full year results.
- Redeployed expenses into marketing and sales in Monster’s core markets, while reducing the run rate of operating expenses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV