For the fourth quarter of 2012, heating degree-days in the ComEd service territory were up 10.8 percent relative to the same period in 2011 but were 11.5 percent below normal. Total retail electric deliveries increased 0.4 percent quarter over quarter.
Weather-normalized retail electric deliveries decreased 0.1 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012 relative to 2011, reflecting decreases in deliveries to residential and large commercial & industrial customers, partially offset by increases in deliveries to small commercial & industrial customers. For ComEd, weather had a favorable after-tax effect of $1 million on fourth quarter 2012 earnings relative to 2011 and an unfavorable after-tax effect of $4 million relative to normal weather.
PECO consists of electricity transmission and distribution operations and retail natural gas distribution operations in southeastern Pennsylvania.
PECO’s GAAP net income in the fourth quarter of 2012 was $79 million, compared with $73 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Adjusted (non-GAAP) Operating Earnings for the fourth quarter of 2011 and 2012 do not include an item (after tax) that was included in reported GAAP earnings. A reconciliation of Adjusted (non-GAAP) Operating Earnings to GAAP Net Income is in the table below:
|PECO Adjusted (non-GAAP) Operating Earnings||$81||$74|
|Constellation Merger and Integration Costs||$(2)||$(1)|
|PECO GAAP Net Income||$79||$73|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV