Generation’s average realized margin on all electric sales, including sales to affiliates and excluding trading activity, was $26.52 per megawatt-hour (MWh) in the fourth quarter of 2012, compared with $39.31 per MWh in the fourth quarter of 2011.
ComEd consists of electricity transmission and distribution operations in northern Illinois.
ComEd recorded GAAP net income of $160 million in the fourth quarter of 2012, compared with net income of $121 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Adjusted (non-GAAP) operating earnings for the fourth quarter of 2011 and 2012 do not include an item (after tax) that was included in reported GAAP earnings. A reconciliation of Adjusted (non-GAAP) Operating Earnings to GAAP Net Income is in the table below:
|ComEd Adjusted (non-GAAP) Operating Earnings||$162||$121|
|Constellation Merger and Integration Costs||$(2)||-|
|ComEd GAAP Net Income||$160||$121|
ComEd’s Adjusted (non-GAAP) Operating Earnings in the fourth quarter of 2012 were up $41 million from the same quarter in 2011, primarily due to:
- Impacts of the October 2012 rehearing order issued by the ICC primarily related to ComEd’s recovery of the pension asset;
- Lower interest expense due to tax settlements; and
- Lower income taxes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV