- Operating revenues increased 9.3% to $247.1 million in fourth quarter 2012 and 5.5% to $950.1 million for the full year 2012.
- Net income increased 22.4% to $54.5 million in fourth quarter 2012 and net income grew 6.2% to $184.2 million for full year 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA (defined below) grew by 12.5% to $116.6 million in fourth quarter 2012. For full year 2012, Adjusted EBITDA grew by 3.8% to $434.5 million. Fourth quarter 2012 Adjusted EBITDA margin increased to 47.2% from 45.8% and full year 2012 Adjusted EBITDA margin fell to 45.7% from 46.5%.
- Diluted EPS for fourth quarter 2012 rose 22.2% to $0.44 and full year 2012 Diluted EPS increased 5.0% to $1.48.
- Fourth quarter 2012 Adjusted EPS (defined below) rose 15.6% to $0.52. Full year 2012 Adjusted EPS rose 4.9% to $1.94.
- MSCI entered into a $100 million accelerated share repurchase agreement in December 2012 and its Board of Directors authorized an additional $200 million repurchase program.
- MSCI’s run rate grew by 9.7% to $967.4 million in fourth quarter 2012, driven by organic subscription growth of 5.1%, organic asset-based fee growth of 6.2% and the acquisition of IPD.
MSCI Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.