Dyax Corp. (NASDAQ: DYAX), a developer of novel biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs, and CVie Therapeutics (CVie), a subsidiary of Lee’s Pharmaceutical Holdings Ltd., announced today a strategic partnership for the development and commercialization of KALBITOR ® (ecallantide) in the treatment of hereditary angioedema (HAE) and other angioedema indications in China, Hong Kong and Macau. KALBITOR is currently marketed in United States for the treatment of acute attacks of HAE in patients 16 years of age and older.
Under the terms of the exclusive license agreement, Dyax will receive an upfront payment and is eligible to receive future development, regulatory and sales milestones. Dyax is also eligible to receive royalty on net product sales. CVie is solely responsible for all costs associated with development, regulatory activities, and the commercialization of KALBITOR in China, Hong Kong and Macau. Additionally, CVie will purchase drug product from Dyax on a cost-plus basis for commercial supply.
"Our partnership with CVie is another milestone in our effort to expand the global development and commercialization of KALBITOR, and to reach HAE patients in need around the world,” said Gustav Christensen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Dyax Corp. “If approved, KALBITOR would become the first novel therapy available for HAE in China, where presently only steroids are used. We are pleased to have secured a new partnership for KALBITOR in this region, and look forward to working with CVie toward its commercialization."
“KALBITOR is an important addition to our portfolio of products focused on the treatment of patients with rare diseases,” commented Dr. Benjamin Li, Chief Executive Officer of CVie. “As a novel therapeutic for acute HAE attacks, we anticipate that KALBITOR will allow us to provide a far more comprehensive disease management solution than is currently offered to HAE patients in China.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV