Fourth Quarter Segment Results
Xylem’s Water Infrastructure segment consists of its businesses serving clean water delivery, wastewater transport and treatment, dewatering and analytical instrumentation.
- Fourth quarter 2012 revenue was $637 million, down 6 percent compared with the fourth quarter 2011, reflecting weakness in the public utility and industrial dewatering markets.
- Fourth quarter adjusted segment operating income, which excludes $1 million of one-time separation-related costs and $15 million of restructuring and realignment costs, was $105 million, up 1 percent over the same period in 2011. Adjusted operating margin for the quarter grew 120 basis points, though after factoring in separation, restructuring and realignment costs, posted a decline of 40 basis points.
Applied WaterXylem’s Applied Water segment consists of its portfolio of businesses in residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural applications.
- Fourth quarter 2012 revenue was $346 million, up 3 percent compared with the fourth quarter 2011, with growth coming in residential and commercial building services and irrigation.
- Fourth quarter adjusted segment operating income, which excludes $5 million of restructuring and realignment costs, was $40 million, 29 percent higher than the comparable period last year. Adjusted operating margin grew 240 basis points; including separation costs, as well as restructuring and realignment costs, operating margin grew 210 basis points.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts