Fourth Quarter Segment Results
Xylem’s Water Infrastructure segment consists of its businesses serving clean water delivery, wastewater transport and treatment, dewatering and analytical instrumentation.
- Fourth quarter 2012 revenue was $637 million, down 6 percent compared with the fourth quarter 2011, reflecting weakness in the public utility and industrial dewatering markets.
- Fourth quarter adjusted segment operating income, which excludes $1 million of one-time separation-related costs and $15 million of restructuring and realignment costs, was $105 million, up 1 percent over the same period in 2011. Adjusted operating margin for the quarter grew 120 basis points, though after factoring in separation, restructuring and realignment costs, posted a decline of 40 basis points.
Applied WaterXylem’s Applied Water segment consists of its portfolio of businesses in residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural applications.
- Fourth quarter 2012 revenue was $346 million, up 3 percent compared with the fourth quarter 2011, with growth coming in residential and commercial building services and irrigation.
- Fourth quarter adjusted segment operating income, which excludes $5 million of restructuring and realignment costs, was $40 million, 29 percent higher than the comparable period last year. Adjusted operating margin grew 240 basis points; including separation costs, as well as restructuring and realignment costs, operating margin grew 210 basis points.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV