For the full year 2012, Xylem revenues were $3.8 billion, up 3 percent in constant currencies over 2011, flat as reported. Full year reported net income was $297 million, or $1.59 per share. Adjusted net income, excluding the impact of the spinoff and other one-time items, was $330 million or $1.77 per share. Full year 2012 adjusted operating margins were 12.9 percent, up 100 basis points on a normalized basis. Free cash flow was $312 million, 100 percent of adjusted net earnings.
Xylem forecasts full year 2013 revenue growth of 3 to 4 percent to approximately $3.9 billion. Full year 2013 adjusted net income is forecast to grow 2 to 7 percent to $335 to $354 million, for adjusted earnings per share of $1.80 to $1.90 per share. The company anticipates that restructuring and realignment costs will range from $60 to $70 million for the year.
“As a global company, we continually evaluate our actions based on end markets and regional economic conditions,” McClain said. “That’s why we’re taking action in Europe and elsewhere to best position our people and our facilities to meet the needs of our customers and provide economic benefit. Through these steps and with our applications expertise, market-leading brands, a large installed base and unmatched distribution in more than 150 countries around the world, our Xylem portfolio is well-positioned to deliver differentiated growth over the long term.”
Xylem today also announced that its Board of Directors declared a dividend in the amount of $0.1164 per share for the first quarter of 2013, an increase of 15 percent, payable on March 20, 2013 to shareholders of record on February 20, 2013.“The increased cash dividend returns value to our shareholders, and is made possible through everything we’ve done to maintain a strong balance sheet, improve operating performance significantly and grow cash flow,” McClain said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV