Strategic Advisory operating revenue was $261 million, 41% higher than the fourth quarter of 2011. This included a 40% increase in M&A and Other Advisory revenue compared to the prior-year period, due in part to a higher level of closings prior to year-end.
Restructuring operating revenue was $48 million, 36% lower than the strong fourth quarter of 2011.
Please see a list of M&A and Restructuring assignments on which Lazard advised in the 2012 fourth quarter, or continued to advise, or completed since December 31, 2012, on pages 9-11 of this release.
Asset ManagementFull Year Asset Management operating revenue was $882 million in the full year of 2012, essentially matching the record full-year 2011 period. Net inflows were $2.7 billion for the year. Despite volatile equity markets, Asset Management has achieved net inflows in five of the past six years. Assets under management (AUM) were a record $167 billion as of December 31, 2012, up 18% from December 31, 2011, reflecting market appreciation and net inflows. AUM as of December 31, 2012, was up 4% from September 30, 2012. Average AUM of $156 billion in 2012 was 2% higher than average AUM in 2011. Management fees were $806 million in 2012, 1% lower than 2011, reflecting the 2% increase in average AUM, a change in the mix of our AUM, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Incentive fees during the period totaled $44 million, 66% higher than 2011, reflecting the performance of certain traditional and alternative strategies. In 2012, we continued to invest in our Asset Management business, extending our investment platforms with new strategies. In addition, Lazard Asset Management opened an office in Zurich, increasing our distribution and investment capabilities. We continued to win significant new mandates in most of our major platforms from clients around the world. A sample of these new mandates is reflected in the investor presentation on our website.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV