Dell Networking Helps Accelerate Deployment Of 10 Gigabit Virtualized And Cloud Data Centers With New Switching Platform And SDN Capabilities
Dell today announced new additions to its networking portfolio to help customers enhance their networks to thrive in next-generation, software-defined 10G cloud and virtualized data centers.
Dell S4820T - High-Performance 1/10/40G Top-of-Rack Switch
The Dell S4820T top-of-rack (ToR) switch is purpose-built for deployment in high-performance data center and cloud computing environments, leveraging the popularity of twisted-pair copper cabling and providing the right mix of scalability, performance, operational simplicity and cost-effectiveness.
The Dell S4820T is powered by the Force10 operating system (FTOS) and designed to support both Layer 2 and Layer 3 functionality required for Web 2.0, enterprise and cloud server provider data centers.Key features include:
- 10GBASE-T connectivity - seamless migration from one gigabit to 10 gigabit servers: Especially for customers looking to consolidate server I/O at 10G, Dell enables low-cost copper connectivity between servers and switches, allowing maximum investment protection and cable reuse.
- LAN/SAN convergence: The S4820T is also ideal for customers aiming to consolidate LAN and SAN traffic over a common DCB-enabled 10G switching fabric and is one of the first copper-based 10G switches in the industry to support Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) using twisted-pair cabling. To that end, the S4820T is being lab tested by leading 10GBASE-T network interface card (NIC) and converged network adapter (CNA) vendors—Broadcom, Emulex, Intel and QLogic.
- High-performance fabric uplinks: The S4820T is equipped with four 40G uplinks providing for high-speed fabric connectivity enabling scalable multi-rack deployments demanded by larger customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV