New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) today reported net financial earnings for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 and reaffirmed earnings guidance for fiscal 2013.
A reconciliation of net income to net financial earnings for the first quarter of fiscal years 2013 and 2012 is provided below.
|Three Months Ended|
|Unrealized (gain) on derivative instruments and relatedtransactions, net of taxes||(11,594||)||(17,372||)|
|Effects of economic hedging related to natural gas inventory, net of taxes||(13,119||)||5,323|
|Net financial earnings||$||35,493||$||45,308|
|Weighted Average Shares Outstanding|
|Basic earnings per share||$||1.44||$||1.38|
|Basic net financial earnings per share||$||.85||$||1.09|
Net financial earnings is a financial measure not calculated in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) of the United States as it excludes all unrealized, and certain realized, gains and losses associated with derivative instruments. For further discussion of this financial measure, as well as reconciliation to the most comparable GAAP measure, please see the explanation below under “Additional Non-GAAP Financial Information.”
- NJR Reports Net Financial Earnings
First-quarter net financial earnings for fiscal 2013 at NJR were $35.5 million, or $.85 per share, compared with $45.3 million, or $1.09 per share, during the same period last year. This decrease, which was expected, is due primarily to lower earnings at NJR Clean Energy Ventures and NJR Energy Services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV