- Sales of $753.2 million in the quarter increased $16.6 million, or 2.3%, from 2011 levels; excluding $1.9 million of unfavorable foreign currency translation, organic sales increased 2.5%.
- Operating earnings before financial services of $111.4 million in the quarter improved to 14.8% of sales as compared to $103.8 million, or 14.1% of sales, last year.
- Financial services operating earnings of $29.3 million in the quarter increased $7.2 million from 2011 levels, reflecting the growth of the on-book finance portfolio.
- Consolidated operating earnings of $140.7 million in the quarter improved to 17.7% of revenues (net sales plus financial services revenue) as compared to $125.9 million, or 16.3% of revenues, last year.
- Net earnings of $84.6 million, or $1.43 per diluted share, for the quarter compares with net earnings of $74.3 million, or $1.27 per diluted share, a year ago.
- Full year 2012 sales of $2.94 billion increased 2.9% from 2011 levels; excluding $46.0 million of unfavorable foreign currency translation, organic sales increased 4.6%. Full year 2012 net earnings of $306.1 million, or $5.20 per diluted share, compares with 2011 net earnings of $265.2 million, or $4.52 per diluted share, excluding last year’s $18.0 million pretax ($11.1 million after tax, or $0.19 per diluted share) arbitration settlement gain. Net earnings for the full year 2011, including the arbitration settlement gain, were $276.3 million or $4.71 per diluted share.
Snap-on Announces Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts