Molybdenum Market Update (February 4, 2013)
Spot prices for ferromolybdenum, which is mainly used in steelmaking, sat between $12.75 and $13.50 a pound this week, little changed from the $12.75 to $13.25 range seen a month ago, according to data from Metal-Pages.
Molybdenum oxide (from which ferromolybdenum is made) currently trades for $11.45 to $11.55 a pound, compared to $11.50 to $11.60 a month ago.
Meanwhile, Platts reported that US steel production slipped 1 percent last week, to 1.806 million net short tons from 1.824 million net short tons the week before. Production was also down 5 percent from the same week in 2012. Year to date, the country's steel output has declined 5.9 percent from the comparable 2012 period.
Last week, the China Iron and Steel Association said that it sees China's steel demand rising 3.1 percent this year, up 0.6 percent from last year's growth rate, as the country's economy continues to recover. However, the association also said that ongoing oversupply will likely continue to hold back steelmakers' profits. Chinese steelmakers consume roughly 30 percent of global molybdenum production.Molybdenum Market Update (February 4, 2013) from Moly Investing News
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV