Towers Watson Reports Strong Second Quarter Earnings
Exchange Solutions’ economic model drives very different seasonality of financial results than our general consulting and brokerage business and impacts year over year comparisons. The Exchange Solutions business incurs significant costs in the first half of the fiscal year to enroll new members, while commission revenues are recognized over the annual policy period. Most policies have an effective date of January 1. Exchange Solutions decreased the company’s diluted earnings per share by $0.18 and adjusted diluted earnings per share by $0.12, including the interest charges associated with financing the Extend Health acquisition.
For the quarter, the Exchange Solutions segment had revenues of $16 million, net of deferral revenue required by purchase accounting rules. For the quarter, on a proforma basis, excluding the impact of the $5 million deferred revenue write-off from the acquired balance sheet required by purchase accounting rules, revenues grew by 33%. The Exchange Solutions segment had a net operating loss of $10 million and an NOI margin of (64%) for the quarter. The second half of the fiscal year is seasonally stronger due to the timing of enrollments.
Outlook for Fiscal 2013For fiscal 2013, the company expects to report revenues in the range of $3.60 billion to $3.65 billion, reflecting constant currency revenue growth in the range of 6% to 7%, and adjusted diluted earnings per share in the range of $5.28 to $5.38. This guidance assumes an average exchange rate of 1.60 U.S. dollars to the British Pound and 1.30 U.S. dollars to the Euro for fiscal 2013. For the third quarter of fiscal 2013, the company expects to report revenues in the range of $940 million to $960 million, reflecting constant currency revenue growth in the range of 4% to 6%, and adjusted diluted earnings per share in the range of $1.46 to $1.51.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV