Fourth Quarter and Recent Business Highlights:
- Surpassed 15 million baseband units shipped per month beginning in November 2012.
- The single chip RDA8851 exceeded 50% of total baseband shipments in the quarter.
- Launched high band WCDMA PA products for band 1 (2100 MHz) and band 2 (1900 MHz) applications to complete the Company's 3G WCDMA PA offering for emerging markets.
Commenting on the results, Vincent Tai, chairman and CEO of RDA Microelectronics, said, "Full year 2012 revenue grew 36 percent over 2011, reflecting strong customer adoption of our baseband solutions combined with market share gains for our GSM PAs as well as ramping of our products targeting the 3G and smartphone markets. Our baseband shipments increased significantly in the fourth quarter, exceeding 15 million units per month beginning in November from a run rate of 10 million units per month achieved in August. This rapid ramping of shipments is due to our market share gains for sub-$10 feature phones in emerging markets outside of China. As a result, we exceeded our guidance during the quarter. Additionally, shipments of our high value RDA8851 baseband SoC reached crossover by exceeding more than 50% of our total baseband shipments. I believe we can continue to gain market share in the high volume ultra-low cost feature phone market in 2013 as we further penetrate local tier-one manufacturers."
Mr. Tai further commented, "Our continued progress and execution within the GSM baseband market also allows us to leverage this success in the smartphone market with the same customer base and platforms. We have begun penetrating this segment of the market with new products, like our WiFi combo chip, and anticipate gaining additional traction with our EDGE baseband and multi-mode PAs that are expected to begin sampling in early 2013. These products target established, high volume markets where RDA has a strong local position and differentiated solutions that offer customers exceptional performance and integration at a low cost. We anticipate that many of our RDA8851 baseband customers will be early adopters of these future products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV