SHANGHAI, China, Feb. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RDA Microelectronics (Nasdaq:RDA) ("RDA Microelectronics" or the "Company"), a fabless semiconductor company that designs, develops and markets wireless SoC and Radio Frequency (RF) semiconductors for cellular, connectivity and broadcast applications, today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012.
Fiscal Year 201 2 Financial Highlights (in US dollars):
- Revenue was $391.3 million, increasing 35.5% from the $288.9 million in the previous year.
- Gross margin was 32.2% compared to 34.5% in 2011.
- Cash generated from operations was $59.1 million, compared to $63.2 million in the previous year.
- GAAP net income was $52.9 million, or $1.12 per diluted ADS, compared to $51.6 million, or $1.11 per diluted ADS, in 2011.
- Non-GAAP net income was $63.4 million, or $1.34 per diluted ADS, compared to $55.5 million, or $1.19 per diluted ADS in the previous year.
- The Company paid a special dividend of $0.20 per ordinary share, or $1.20 per ADS, returning $55.6 million of capital to shareholders.
Fourth Quarter Financial Highlights (in US dollars):
- Revenue was $115.6 million, exceeding the Company's guidance of $100 million to $110 million, and representing an increase of 5.8% from the $109.3 million in the previous quarter and 40.4% from the $82.4 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Gross margin was 31.7%, compared to 31.1% in the previous quarter and 35.3% in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- GAAP net income was $13.4 million, or $0.28 per diluted ADS, compared to $13.5 million, or $0.28 per diluted ADS, in the previous quarter and $16.6 million, or $0.37 per diluted ADS, in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Non-GAAP net income was $16.4 million, or $0.34 per diluted ADS, compared to $16.7 million, or $0.35 per diluted ADS, in the previous quarter and $17.4 million, or $0.39 per diluted ADS, in the fourth quarter of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV