New National Survey Shows Americans Prefer Illegal Immigrants Head Home
• One reason the public may prefer that illegals head home is a strong belief that eﬀorts to enforce immigration laws have been inadequate — 64 percent said that enforcement of immigration laws has been "too little", while just 10 percent said that it had been too much, and 15 percent said it was "just right".
• When asked why there is a large illegal population in the country, voters overwhelming (71 percent) thought it was because we had not made a real eﬀort to enforce our immigration laws. Only 18 percent said it was because we were not letting in enough immigrants legally.
• Another reason for skepticism about legalization is that most voters (69 percent) agreed with the statement that "giving legal status to illegal immigrants does not solve the problem because rewarding law breaking will only encourage more illegal immigration." Just 26 percent disagreed.
• When asked if they had confidence that immigration laws would be enforced in the event of a legalization, just 27 percent expressed conﬁdence that there would be enforcement, while 70 percent indicated that they were not conﬁdent immigration law would be enforced.• Enforcement remains politically very popular. Of likely voters, 53 percent indicated that they would be more likely to support a political party that supports enforcing immigration laws versus only 32 percent who said they would be more likely to support a party that supports legalization. The Center for Immigration Studies is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit research organization. Since its founding in 1985, the Center has pursued a single mission – providing immigration policymakers, the academic community, news media, and concerned citizens with reliable information about the social, economic, environmental, security, and fiscal consequences of legal and illegal immigration into the United States. CONTACT: Steven Camarota email@example.com (202) 466-8185 SOURCE Center for Immigration Studies
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV