Park Sterling Corp Stock Upgraded (PSTB)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- PSTB's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 177.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- PARK STERLING CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PARK STERLING CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.29 versus -$0.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.19 versus -$0.29).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 145.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.38 million to $0.62 million.
- The gross profit margin for PARK STERLING CORP is currently very high, coming in at 90.10%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, PSTB's net profit margin of 4.20% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2.26 million or 38.24% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, PARK STERLING CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 83.11%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts