CHICAGO, Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Turbocharging helps deliver segment-leading 148 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque with estimated 42 mpg highway
- $25,695 MSRP includes destination and two - year maintenance plan
Chevrolet is entering the U.S. and Canadian diesel car markets this summer with a 2.0L turbo-diesel version of its hottest-selling sedan, the Cruze, featuring the cleanest diesel passenger car engine General Motors has ever produced.
Clean diesels generate at least 90 percent less Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) and particulate emissions when compared to previous-generation diesels.
Built in Lordstown, Ohio, the 2014 Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel delivers a combination of segment-leading features and efficiency. Based on GM testing, the Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel has demonstrated estimated best-in-segment range and 42 mpg on the highway with spirited performance and the durability diesel owners value around the globe."Chevrolet has a diverse portfolio of products and technologies to meet the needs of the most discerning customer, whether it's driving across town gas free in a Spark EV or cross-country in a clean turbo diesel," said Chris Perry, Chevrolet vice president of marketing. The compact sedan's new 2.0L turbo-diesel engine produces segment-leading estimated 148 horsepower (110 kW) and estimated 258 lb-ft torque (350 Nm) with 0-60 performance of 8.6 seconds, which is better than the Volkswagen Jetta TDI automatic and competitive with German diesel cars that dominate the U.S. market. Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel's emissions will be below stringent U.S. environmental standards including Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions standards. "Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel fills an important role in Chevrolet's diverse four-cylinder lineup, and is primed to win over diesel devotees and compact car buyers with its performance, torque and fuel economy," said Perry. "We leveraged engineering expertise from around the globe to develop a world-class, low-emissions engine to give U.S. and Canadian customers a car that's both fun to drive and practical at the pump."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV