BGI-Shenzhen Extends Tender Offer For Complete Genomics, Inc.
SHENZHEN, China, Feb. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BGI-Shenzhen ("BGI") announced today that it, through its wholly-owned subsidiary Beta Acquisition Corporation, has extended its all cash tender offer (the "Offer") to purchase all outstanding shares of common stock of Complete Genomics, Inc. (NASDAQ: GNOM) ("Complete") to 12:00 midnight ( New York City time) on Friday, February 22, 2013. BGI has extended the expiration date of the Offer to provide additional time for approval by the Ministry of Commerce of the People's Republic of China (the "PRC") and subsequent registration with the State Administration of Foreign Exchange of the PRC of the transaction, particularly in view of the upcoming Chinese New Year holiday period, which begins on February 9, 2013 and ends on February 15, 2013. The Offer was previously scheduled to expire at 12:00 midnight ( New York City time) on Wednesday, February 6, 2013.
Except for the extension of the Offer expiration date, all other terms and conditions of the Offer remain unchanged. The Depositary for the Offer has indicated that, as of the close of business on February 6, 2013, approximately 30,967,711 shares, or approximately 87%, of common stock of Complete have been validly tendered in and not withdrawn from the Offer, including shares of common stock of Complete subject to guaranteed delivery procedures.
BGI's financial advisor is Citi, and its legal counsel is O'Melveny & Myers LLP. Complete's financial adviser is Jefferies & Company, and its legal counsel is Latham & Watkins LLP.
Stockholders with questions about the Offer, or who need assistance with tendering their shares of common stock of Complete, may call the Information Agent, Innisfree M&A Incorporated, toll-free, at (888) 750-5834.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV