- 25% increase in full year adjusted diluted earnings per share to $4.75
- Full year record operating margin of 15.8%
- Fourth quarter comparable store sales increase of 4.2%
SPRINGFIELD, Mo., Feb. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- O'Reilly Automotive, Inc. (the "Company" or "O'Reilly") (Nasdaq:ORLY), a leading retailer in the automotive aftermarket industry, today announced record revenues and earnings for its fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012. The results represent 20 consecutive years of comparable store sales growth and record revenue and operating income for O'Reilly since becoming a public company in April of 1993.
4 th Quarter Financial Results
Sales for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012, increased $97 million, or 7%, to $1.49 billion from $1.39 billion for the same period one year ago. Gross profit for the fourth quarter increased to $750 million (or 50.4% of sales) from $695 million (or 49.9% of sales) for the same period one year ago, representing an increase of 8%. Selling, general and administrative expenses ("SG&A") for the fourth quarter increased to $527 million (or 35.4% of sales) from $491 million (or 35.3% of sales) for the same period one year ago, representing an increase of 8%. Operating income for the fourth quarter increased to $223 million (or 15.0% of sales) from $207 million (or 14.9% of sales) for the same period one year ago, representing an increase of 8%.Net income for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012, increased $10 million, or 8%, to $133 million (or 8.9% of sales) from $123 million (or 8.8% of sales) for the same period one year ago. Diluted earnings per common share for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012, increased 21% to $1.14 on 116 million shares versus $0.94 for the same period one year ago on 130 million shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV