Validus Holdings, Ltd. (“Validus” or the “Company”) (NYSE:VR) announced today that its Board of Directors has authorized the following capital management actions:
- A special dividend in the amount of $2.00 per common share and common share equivalent for which each outstanding warrant is exercisable. The special dividend is payable in cash on February 26, 2013 to shareholders and warrant holders of record as of February 19, 2013.
- An increase in the Validus regular quarterly dividend to $0.30 from $0.25 per common share and common share equivalent for which each outstanding warrant is exercisable. The Board also approved the payment of the regular quarterly dividend which is payable on March 29, 2013 to shareholders and warrant holders of record as of March 15, 2013.
- An increase in the Validus common share repurchase authorization to $500.0 million.
The Company expects the repurchases to be made from time to time in the open market or in privately negotiated transactions. The timing, form and amount of the share repurchases under the program will depend on a variety of factors, including market conditions, the Company’s capital position relative to internal and rating agency targets, legal requirements and other factors. The repurchase program may be modified, extended or terminated by the Board at any time.
About Validus Holdings, Ltd.
Validus Holdings, Ltd. is a provider of reinsurance, insurance, and insurance linked securities management operating through three primary segments, Validus Reinsurance, Ltd., Talbot Holdings Ltd. and AlphaCat Managers, Ltd. Validus Reinsurance, Ltd. (“Validus Re”) is a Bermuda based reinsurer focused on short tail lines of reinsurance. Talbot Holdings Ltd. (“Talbot”) is the Bermuda parent of the specialty insurance group primarily operating within the Lloyd's insurance market through Syndicate 1183. AlphaCat Managers, Ltd. (“AlphaCat”) is a Bermuda based investment adviser, managing third-party capital in insurance linked securities and other investments in the property catastrophe reinsurance space.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV