The ICD is a strong supporter of diversity and, in particular, the enhanced participation of women in the boardroom. A partner of Women On Board (WOB), the ICD sponsors one diverse candidate each year in the WOB Mentorship Program, which prepares mentees to serve on boards and expand their board network.
In addition, the ICD offers Diversity Scholarships for its flagship Directors Education Program (DEP), jointly developed by Rotman and the ICD. Launched in 2011, the scholarships are granted to 11 qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds with a financial need allowing them an opportunity to participate in the DEP.
The Global Network of Director Institutes (GNDI) was founded in 2012. It brings together member-based director associations from around the world with the aim of furthering good corporate governance. It is an international network among nine leading membership organisations for corporate directors in
the United States
. The following membership organisations are members of GNDI and collectively represent more than 100,000 corporate directors worldwide:
Read the GNDI policy perspective paper at www.gndi.org/papers
About the ICD
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Brazilian Institute of Corporate Governance (IBGC) in Brazil
- European Confederation of Directors Associations (ecoDa)
- Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) in Canada
- Institute of Directors in New Zealand (IoDNZ)
- Institute of Directors in Southern Africa (IoDSA)
- Institute of Directors (IoD) in the United Kingdom
- Malaysian Alliance of Corporate Directors (MACD), and
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) in the United States.
The Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) is a not-for-profit, member-based association representing Canadian directors and boards across the for-profit, not-for-profit, and government sectors. The ICD has more than 6,500 members across a network of 11 chapters. We foster the sharing of knowledge and wisdom through education, professional development programs and services, and thought leadership and advocacy to achieve the highest standard of directorship. For more information, please visit:
SOURCE Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD)