Vornado Realty Trust (NYSE:VNO), today announced that it has received $124 million pursuant to a settlement agreement with Stop & Shop for its claim under a 1992 Agreement which provided for annual rent of $6 million for a period potentially through 2031. The settlement terminates Vornado’s right to receive this rent under the 1992 Agreement and ends litigation between the parties which started ten years ago.
In prior years, Vornado recognized $48 million of rental income under the Agreement. This settlement, net of expenses, will result in Vornado recognizing $59 million of income in the first quarter of 2013.
Vornado Realty Trust is a fully-integrated equity real estate investment trust.
Certain statements contained herein may constitute “forward-looking
statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation
Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and
unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the
actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be
materially different from any future results, performance or
achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements.
Such factors include, among others, risks associated with the timing of
and costs associated with property improvements, financing commitments
and general competitive factors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV