U.S. Global Investors, Inc. ( NASDAQ: GROW), a boutique registered investment advisory firm specializing in natural resources and emerging markets, recorded net income of $165,985, or 1 cent per share, on revenues of $5.49 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
Net income for the second quarter of fiscal year 2012 was $409,382, or 3 cents per share, on revenues of $5.88 million.
Average assets under management were $1.68 billion for the quarter ended December 31, 2012, compared to an average of $2.08 billion the same quarter a year ago, a decrease of about 20 percent. Period-end assets under management stood at $1.61 billion as of December 31, 2012, versus $1.89 billion under management as of the quarter ended December 31, 2011.
For the three months ended December 31, 2012, platform expenses decreased by about 27 percent and advertising costs declined by nearly 40 percent, compared to the three months ended December 31, 2011.“As you can see, on a percentage basis, these key costs declined more than revenue. In a challenging investment environment, our reflexive cost structure allows us to decrease expenses while not sacrificing our quality controls, strict compliance, proprietary research and our distinctive personal touch and service with shareholders,” says Frank Holmes, U.S. Global Investors CEO. “We believe this has helped build a stable and loyal customer base among those who buy the funds directly from U.S. Global compared to the customer purchasing through a mutual fund platform.” “For 2013, the company is poised for growth. In December, with the ongoing tax uncertainty and fiscal cliff drama, we made a strategic move to pay a special one-time dividend, reduce the monthly dividend beginning in 2013, and deploy capital resources to make accretive acquisitions and repurchase outstanding shares of GROW,” says Holmes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV