6 Tips On Buying, Renting A Home For Extra Income
6. GET FAMILIAR WITH LANDLORD LAWS
As a neophyte landlord, it's important to know your exact responsibilities under the law.
Two good resources for rental rules are the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's Web site (www.hud.gov ), and The Landlord Protection Agency (www.thelpa.com ), which includes state-specific rental guidelines and standardized forms for rental agreements.
An attorney or the Landlord Protection Agency also can help you craft a well-written lease, which is crucial to protect your property. It will help you evict a tenant or hold them accountable for damage if necessary.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV