Second, ESPN, instead of being soft, actually looks incredibly well set-up for terrific growth in 2013, running 7% ahead and maybe better as the year goes on. It is true that Monday Night Football was a bit of a downer in the last quarter of the year, in part because of the luck of the draw. They had some real dud contests. Alas, you have to take that risk in sports programming.
Finally, Disney has terrific upside in theme parks courtesy of new rides that always attract repeat customers.
While I am a total numbers guy, I still believe there is a CEO quotient that has to be applied to that price-to-earnings multiple to get through the tougher times and the disappointments. Iger has about the highest faith-to-stock-price ratio that I know of.
Oh, and he has good taste in birthdays. We share Feb. 10 as our date of birth -- a worthless factoid that I point out only because we are on the eve of the big event and gifts are always welcome.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV