International Shipholding Corporation (NYSE: ISH) today announced financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
Fourth Quarter 2012 Highlights
- Reported net income of $11.5 million for the three months ended December 31, 2012, which included a non-cash foreign currency exchange gain of $4.7 million and a gain of $12.2 million on the sale of a vessel
- Closed on the acquisition of U.S. United Ocean Services, LLC (“UOS”) on November 30, 2012
- As previously announced, acquired a 1999-built Pure Car Truck Carrier which has been deployed on a long-term time charter
- Invested in four additional mini-bulkers as part of the 25% owned venture which now operates 14 mini-bulkers
- Declared a fourth quarter dividend of $0.25 per share payable on March 4, 2013, to stockholders of record as of February 19, 2013
The Company reported net income of $11.5 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, which included non-operating gains of $4.7 million from its Yen denominated loan and $12.2 million from the sale of a vessel, partially offset by approximately $2.0 million of fees associated with the UOS acquisition. For the full year 2012, net income was $22 million which included non-operating gains of $5.5 million on the Yen facility and $16.6 million on asset sales. For the full year of 2011, net income was $31.5 million which included a non-monetary gain of $18.8 million on the purchase of the 50% interest in our bulk joint venture entity.Mr. Niels M. Johnsen, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “In 2012, we successfully executed our long-standing strategies in three important areas during a challenging environment for the shipping industry. First, we diversified and expanded our fleet to 50 vessels, including the recently closed acquisition of United Ocean Services in the fourth quarter. Second, we increased our fixed revenues by adding long-term contracts with creditworthy customers. Finally, through transactions involving our Pure Car Truck Carriers, we were able to add a modern vessel to our fleet and enhance our financial flexibility.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV